Monday, November 23, 2015

Thoroughly Thoreau

In a Facebook status posted earlier today…

The boys and I have been living "Off the Grid" for more than a year... But as we sit in the grip of the Idaho winter and the even colder weather to come... Plans have been made to move into an apartment next week... Details to be announced next week following the move... 

My question... Is this an admission to "getting soft" in my old age??? Luckily, they have pills for that...

Yes, it is for “The Boys”… Riley for sure… And as I have said many times previously, all decisions are based on what’s best for them… Riley’s get up and go hasn’t got up and gone yet… And as long as there’s still a light in his eyes and I can manage his pain with meds… He’ll get the best life I can give him… 

The other two as well, but they are doing fine… And we will be “Off the Grid” again…

One thing to consider/to remember is… Less is more… Don’t fill the apartment with too many things that I don’t need… Things I will have to get rid of when winter is over and it is time to go off grid again…

Whether that is this coming summer or we wait to just head south prior to next winter remains to be seen… And I am already looking forward to it… We’ve learned a lot about this life in the last year… This break gives us some time to make some upgrades and repairs to the RV… So we’ll be ready to head into the next round of off grid adventure with a better plan… And thoroughly Thoreau…

Happy trails to you… Until I write again… Help me get my readership up... Please share the link to my blog... 

3 comments:

  1. Originally posted the following comment under the wrong damn entry. Here it is again under the right one...

    Your adventures and those of "the boys" have a link at my blog, since late May. Feel free to reciprocate.

    Also glad, I made it through the "friend cut" over at Facebook. We agree on a lot more things than we disagree about, and that's never been a problem.

    Keep in mind that winters are mild on the Gulf Coast, there's a Coast Guard PX and a Naval Air Station, if you are retired with retiree benefits. If not, there's cheap private RV parks set up for year-round and extended stay "snow-bird" visits. And 5 or 6 clubs offering stand up at least twice a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave... I need to g igure out how to add links and I will definitely add yours... I will keep your area of the country in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete