Sunday, July 31, 2016

South By Southwest...

With still some months of summer left to be spent in the Cascade Mountains of central Washington… Plan A is evolving to drive down and camp along the Oregon and California coastline… Stay tuned for plenty of pictures…

Work has just been started on a possible Plan B... But it's not far enough along yet to decide if it would be an alternative to Plan A or to mention it here...
"Too soon" as they say...  

Often accused of being Psycho and with the screenplay of my life already like something out of an Alfred Hitchcock movie…  If we stick with Plan A... Maybe we’ll make a stop at the Bates Motel…

Oregon coastline… Then California… With stops planned to see the Redwoods, Point Reyes National Seashores and Big Sur… A stop in Ventura to see some friends… Then Slab City… At least to say I’ve been there… One of these winters I’d like to spend the whole winter there…

Then Arizona and into New Mexico… A stop in Roswell, NM for a “family reunion”. If I don’t trade the RV for a UFO… Then we’ll finally get to this winter’s stop in Alamogordo/White Sands, NM…

Already planning on taking a tour of the Trinity Site in White Sands next spring… One day a year the site of the first atomic bomb test is open to the public… Which brings me to one of my favorite quotes… Ironically made during an election year… “Built in America, tested in Japan.” – Ross Perot

I’m psycho, remember…

There’s more stops planned and research continues on other interesting things for Simon and I to see and do along the way and this winter... 

While Simon and I are enjoying our time together as the "Last of the Moheathens"... There is also the possibility of finding him a new brother this winter in New Mexico... 

Though I haven't been blogging as much as I should or would like to... I'm still filling journal notebooks by hand... Turning the scribbles and sometimes random thoughts into readable and hopefully entertaining blogs hasn't always come easy... 

So stay tuned faithful readers... You, Simon and I will fight through some writers block together and share our adventures...  


No comments:

Post a Comment