Monday, October 17, 2016

My Private Idaho...

Well, it’s been exactly 6 weeks today that I left Leavenworth, WA… A week on the road through some awesome beautiful country… Mountains… Rivers… Waterfalls… and Forests… 

It’s exactly 5 weeks that I have been camped in Shelley, ID… It’s been a welcome respite from the rude kids and even ruder adults who frequented the Leavenworth KOA… 

Alone with Simon most of that time and now joined by the new addition to our family… The “Damned Cat” as Simon calls her… No that’s usually me calling her that…

We… No, I… Though I do run all my ideas past Simon… His input is invaluable… Anyway we (I) had a lot of time to think… Actually probably a little too much and a sign we probably should have gotten on the road again a little sooner… We (I) almost convinced myself and Simon that it might be a good idea to change our original plans and stay in Idaho…

After some long hard thought this past weekend… And weighing many options… Not the least of which is this storm… http://idahostatejournal.com/members/biggest-snowstorm-of-season-thus-far-bearing-down-on-southeast/article_5a24e4c6-6965-5f32-97a5-7f43adbd91d7.html

We (I) have decided to stick with our original plan and head to New Mexico for the winter… There’s a few places marked on the map that we’ll try to see along the way and we’ll post plenty of pictures… We could be leaving as early as tomorrow afternoon… Though Wednesday is more likely…

See you next spring, Idaho… For now… The adventure continues…. 

No comments:

Post a Comment