Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Really Real People...

Real People was an NBC reality TV series that aired Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 from 1979 to 1984…

Real People featured a panel of seated hosts in front of a large studio audience. The hosts introduced pre-filmed segments and engaged in comedic banter about them. Each segment was a visit to someone with a unique occupation or hobby. Occasionally someone was brought into the studio to interact with the audience.
                                                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_People

This show came to mind yesterday… I remember it being a big favorite during my time in the Navy while in both San Diego and NTPU Ballston Spa… I can't think of too many single sailors who didn't have a crush on Sara Purcell... But the show isn’t what I’m here to write about…

No… I’m here to write about Really Real People… 

As a lot of my faithful readers know… 6 years ago I left New York… A lot of these past 6 years have been a “Love-Hate” relationship… With my job… Comedy… Idaho… Mormons… California cops… And certainly with my ex… OK, maybe for some of these there wasn’t any of the “Love” half of the relationship… 

But here we are… Simon and I… “The Last of the Moheathens” to have left western NY 6 years ago… There's no sense to lament what we left behind... 

We’ve been all over the western US… We’ve come to love the travel and a new adventure is on the horizon… We’ll be on the road again within the next 10 days…

New adventures… New places… New people… I think the best thing about the last 6 years has been all the Really Real People that we have met and some old friends we’ve gotten to see after many, many, years… Please note... I did NOT call you... Really Old Friends... 

You're all... Priceless gold that we would have never found or seen again if we hadn’t loaded up the covered wagon and headed west…


I’m not going to list any names here… I don’t want to embarrass anyone and I certainly don’t want to miss someone… I hope you know who you all are… 

Thank you all for being Really Real People… 

No comments:

Post a Comment