Saturday, September 17, 2016

Sounds

Recently posting a video of my favorite sound on Facebook…


For those that listened… I hope you get it… I could write volumes about one who never did get it… Even when personally introduced to the same sound on the lake shore back east… It was considered a joke… Something not to be respected and something to be drowned out by the chaos that she brought to control…  

I found it interesting that as I opened my favorite book today for my morning read this is what I read… http://xroads.virginia.edu/~hyper/walden/hdt04.html

Next Tuesday Simon and I will have been on the road again for two weeks… Most stops along the way… One, two or three nights… We’ve been in our current location since Wednesday… There’s a few more days here to wrap up some personal business…

It’s nice not to be packing up camp every few days or so and we sincerely appreciate being in a place so nice… I have no desire or need to go into town… Quiet and beautiful here… Time to read… Time to write… Time to listen… Time to hear… Time… Yet no clocks… Just sunrise and sunset… The rumble of Simon’s belly the only “alarm”

No worries, no hurry, no stress, no mess… Just the moment… The moment to listen…  The moment to hear…

Just a warm and sunny late summer day…  A pleasant Idaho breeze… (22 mph and gusts to 27… I just checked accuweather.com) And the rustle of the leaves…

For those that know…

“It’s time we stop, children, what’s that sound???”

It’s my favorite sound…

“Everybody look what’s going down”

A welcome respite…    

No comments:

Post a Comment