Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Movie Night

As I posted on Facebook yesterday… Even though I may not be blogging I have been filling notebooks with thoughts and feeling by hand… #oldschool…

Sister Mary Miserable might not have liked how sloppily they are scribbled in there… But I’m happy to be getting them out and on to paper… Eventually, most of them will be here and easy enough to read…

Looking back it was hard for me to take seriously someone whose knowledge of technology extended only as far as the overhead projector and the metal ruler she hid up her sleeve…

Enlightenment has never come by following rules made by men…

That being said… I want to share with you the movie I watched last night… Silent… And more than two hours long… I look forward to watching a new episode each night I am here…

Camped in the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Lake Crowley Campground on the side of a mountain at more than 7000ft... The boys and I can touch the sky and walk on the clouds... 

Sitting quietly, the sunset and my RV parked behind me… I watched the moon rise over the mountains to my southeast… As the sunset behind the mountains to the north west of me, reflected off the clouds south and east… A magnificent movie screen projected on to the sky… Better than a night at the drive-in theatre… The shapes and the stories they told were subject only to what I imagined them to be…

Mesmerized I did not reach for pen, paper or the camera… Something told me as I saw into heaven that the moment was only for me and I didn’t want to miss a moment of it, by scribbling into a notebook in the dimming light or posting pictures to Facebook that would have not done the moment justice…

Was this what I was out here to see???   

As the sun finished setting and the movie screen finally went black… I sat for a few moments to ponder it and wait for the credits to roll…

During the entire movie, my RV parked behind me had blocked my direct view of the sunset…  As I walked back around it to the side door of the RV… The credits were rolling… In the dark sky before me were Jupiter and Venus… Closer in the night sky than they had been in 2000 years… Faint hints of orange were still farther off on the horizon…  


Peaceful and contentedly… I rousted Simon from the bed, moved JJ to his corner of it and crawled in to sleep… Life is good… And I am blessed… 

“Happy Trails to You… Until I Write Again…"

2 comments:

  1. That is the life! I wanted to see the Jupiter-Venus sighting but never had the time of course. Congratulations on enjoying life fully! My turn will come soon enough
    Take up trout fishin' in that neck of the woods. It is the best . Get with Dan Killough for directions. He is at Kennedy Meadows, close enough to there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kennedy Meadows is right near where I was... Too Damn hot...

    ReplyDelete