Tuesday, July 14, 2015

To Be or Not To Be...

So… Yesterday… The boys and I headed north out of California into northern Nevada… Gas is $1.70/gallon cheaper than it was in the mountains of California…

We stopped for supplies… Got a hook up at an RV Park… Needed a real shower and to do some laundry after more than two weeks off the grid in the mountains… Cleaned up the RV last night, too… Despite all the rain we had while there… It was very dusty…

Spending some time today planning our next move… Which brings me back to my previous blog… I have given it some thought and it comes down to three choices…  

1. I can move somewhere there is a quality local comedy scene (ie Vegas) and immerse myself in it… Which would require at least semi-permanent safe place, for the boys, to park the RV and then a small vehicle for me to use to get around locally… I can’t be driving the RV around town and constantly fight to find a place to park the RV while I am in a club…

This option takes us off the road which I am leaning towards not being willing to give up…

2. I can stay on the road and work to build a following through shows at VFW’s, American Legions, Elks Lodges, etc… While still travelling in the RV…

This option keeps us on the road which I would prefer over moving somewhere permanent… I can still write about our travels and it also keeps a comedy microphone in my hand… It also could potentially be more work than option #1…

Which begs the question… Do I want to do the work??? Am I willing to do the work???

3.The third option… which is kind of where I have been since January is to stay on the road… Enjoy it… Write about it and let comedy go…

I think the fact that I am even asking these questions indicates at least some dissatisfaction with this option…

The choice comes down to option #2 or #3… I think I have some work to do…

Comedy is a fickle mistress… One not easily washed out of the blood…


For now… Stay tuned and Happy Trails to You… Until I Write Again… 

No comments:

Post a Comment