Saturday, July 18, 2015

Travel Day...

Yesterday… An interesting travel day through a lot of beautiful nothingness… Yet looking back today filled with a lot of lessons…

Not the least of which is… Buy maps… A GPS is worthless while travelling through a countryside where the internet has never been seen and only something people have heard about…

“Internet??? I herd ‘bout that… Always wanted to try that internet thing… I herd ya can see pictures of naked women on that…"

Me… “Yeah, it must get boring only looking at your naked mom…”

So I had planned on camping at a place called Birch Creek in southeast Oregon… But the GPS went off line… Leaving me to try to find it in the back country on my own… In the immortal words of another great American…

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.”
I’m just glad it wasn’t several weeks… Though there were times yesterday’s confusion felt that long… We never found it…
So we are in Idaho a few days earlier than originally planned… Visiting some friends in the Boise area for a few days… Then headed to Silver City, an 1800’s mining town, on Monday… Silver City is now a “ghost town”… It’s not masturbation… It’s sex with a ghost…
The boys and I will load up with about 30 – 40 gallons of water and probably stay there until we’re almost out…
Most likely won’t have any kind of internet/cell signals while there… So it’s good to have one for a few days heading in… We may be out of touch a week or so… But our “connection” and “reception” with the important things will be much better and uninterrupted…
I look forward to sharing the experience with you upon our return to “civilization”… If the world doesn’t blow up while we are gone…
Second… Lost my favorite hat while on the road yesterday… Doing 75mph with the window open… Leaned back to check my side view mirror and whoosh… Off my head and out the window… Damn!!!
Revisiting some things I wrote about in my last two posts…
Yes… It seems like Option #2 is our best decision and I will spend most of August somewhere in Idaho redoing my website and working on booking shows on the road from September forward… Usually booking myself as the host and using local comics to help the draw… I will be able to work on newer bits and improve my crowd work…  
Though I am hoping to book a return show or two in southeast Idaho before heading out on the road again…
Once on the road we’ll head south again… Though taking our time and performing as much as I can get booked… We are planning to be in Ramona, CA again for Veteran’s Day, so I can help out during the “Buddy Poppy” fund raiser again…
The plan now is to spend next winter in Slab City, California… I would like to try running a weekly comedy show there and will welcome any intrepid and daring comics who would like to join me for a show there…
Summers are too hot for me there, so we’ll probably look for a BLM camp host gig somewhere in the mountains next summer…
So that’s the plan for now…
Revisiting something else I wrote about in a previous blog… About my recent hospital stay… And again not to get all spiritual on you… But considering the countryside we have been living in and travelling through… I think I can say I feel like “a voice shouting in the wilderness”…
I‘ve said a lot here about my “unbelief” beliefs… Though I still don’t think there’s an “old man in the sky” so to speak… I am grateful for the almost supernatural protection and provision I am seeing, manifesting and experiencing daily… We’d still be stuck out in yesterday’s wilderness experience without it…
So anyway expect to see it referenced in gratefulness in most of my blogs going forward… The boys and I are not on this adventure alone… I’m feeling blessed…

So… Until I Write Again… Happy Trails to you… 

No comments:

Post a Comment